About a year ago I wrote about the inconvenience of the SPSecurityTrimmedControl: a great idea within the SharePoint framework that unfortunately doesn’t work the way it should. Now, as we’re about to get a new release of SharePoint, I decided to check if things have changed.
A while ago I did some research on performance of various approaches for aggregating data in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Back then I have found some interesting results. In the project I’m working on at the moment, I got a slightly different challenge: what is the best way to retrieve one particular list item?
A couple of weeks ago Chris O’Brien – fellow MVP wrote an article on the research of the SharePoint BLOB cache he has done. During that research he has experienced some issues with some of the files not being cached properly on the client causing the browser to request the file every single time. As I’m working with Web Content Management solutions on SharePoint a lot, it definitely took my attention.
Once in a while I like to get back to “old stuff”. It allows me to look once again at the things I’ve already done but then from another perspective: between now and then I’ve done a few projects, I’ve read a couple articles/books and spoken to some people. So it’s not surprising that quite often I find some new insights about the subjects I thought were closed. One of such topics was using the PageAsyncTask class to improve the performance of your website.
SharePoint Dispose Checker Tool aka SPDisposeCheck is finally available! You can download it from MSDN Code Gallery @ .