A few days after we launched our new website I used my favorite search engine to do a search on one of my fellow-Mavens. I was really surprised to see that in just a few days the first result came from our brand new website! So what is it exactly that we did that gave us such great results in such a short time?
A while ago Microsoft provided us with Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Power Tools – a set of productivity extensions for the Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Developer Tools. One of the improvements shipped with the Power Tools is the Visual Web Part (Sandboxed) that – as the name says it – allows you to both benefit of the great design capabilities of Visual Web Part while still being able to deploy it to Sandbox. Unfortunately if your Sandboxed Visual Web Part will get too large things won’t be working as expected anymore.
In the previous part of the How we did it series about our new website I told you how we implemented the branding in SharePoint 2010. In this part I will share with you some information about how we optimized our website for performance.
In case you haven’t noticed, recently we launched our new website. In the upcoming series of How we did it articles I will give you a glance under the hood and tell you how we built our site. In this first part I will tell you how we did the branding of our new website.