Last year we created a brand new website for Spaarne Ziekenhuis – a full-service medical center here in the Netherlands. For the last few months we’ve been working together with Spaarne and Microsoft to publish a Case Study around the solution. Today the Case Study has been published and is available on the Microsoft Case Studies website at .
In the previous part of the How we did it series about our new website I told you how we implemented the branding in SharePoint 2010. In this part I will share with you some information about how we optimized our website for performance.
In case you haven’t noticed, recently we launched our new website. In the upcoming series of How we did it articles I will give you a glance under the hood and tell you how we built our site. In this first part I will tell you how we did the branding of our new website.
In my previous article I showed you how you can configure the SharePoint 2010 Rich Text Editor to help you do content authoring in a consistent fashion. We discussed what a Rich Text Editor should and should not allow to support consistent user experience within a website and how it can be done in SharePoint 2010. Although the configuration options of the Rich Text Editor in SharePoint 2010 allow you to achieve some neat results, it isn’t fool proof and this is exactly what we will discuss in this article: how to not only configure the RTE’s UI for consistent content authoring but also how to ensure that the authored content is consistent.