How we did it: mavention.nl – Part 3: Search Engine Optimization

A few days after we launched our new website I used my favorite search engine to do a search on one of my fellow-Mavens. I was really surprised to see that in just a few days the first result came from our brand new website! So what is it exactly that we did that gave us such great results in such a short time?

How we did it: mavention.nl – Part 2a: Dealing with minified files

In the previous part of the How we did it series about our new website I told you about how we optimized our website for performance. One of the optimization techniques that we applied was minifying asset files such as CSS and JavaScript. While minification allows you to decrease the size of files it has one serious disadvantage: it often makes them unreadable. So how did we deal with it?

How we did it: mavention.nl – Part 2: Performance

In the previous part of the How we did it series about our new website I told you how we implemented the branding in SharePoint 2010. In this part I will share with you some information about how we optimized our website for performance.

How we did it: mavention.nl – Part 1: Branding

In case you haven’t noticed, recently we launched our new website. In the upcoming series of How we did it articles I will give you a glance under the hood and tell you how we built our site. In this first part I will tell you how we did the branding of our new website.

Fool-proof consistent content authoring in SharePoint 2010 Rich Text Editor

In my previous article I showed you how you can configure the SharePoint 2010 Rich Text Editor to help you do content authoring in a consistent fashion. We discussed what a Rich Text Editor should and should not allow to support consistent user experience within a website and how it can be done in SharePoint 2010. Although the configuration options of the Rich Text Editor in SharePoint 2010 allow you to achieve some neat results, it isn’t fool proof and this is exactly what we will discuss in this article: how to not only configure the RTE’s UI for consistent content authoring but also how to ensure that the authored content is consistent.