SharePoint 2007 Web Services are missing DISCO and WSDL files

While working on new functionality for Imtech Fields Explorer I have noticed that there are Web Services in SharePoint 2007 which are missing the DISCO and the WSDL files. If you ever tried to attach a web reference to such Web Service you know that it will fail. While you might think that it's impossible, I have found a way of creating a WSDL file for an existing Web Service.

Including Welcome Pages in the search scope in SharePoint Web Content Management solutions

When using SharePoint search in a Web Content Management (WCM) solution you are very likely to create your scope which will include Publishing Pages only. As other pages like Application Pages and Lists' Forms are not accessible by anonymous visitors you don't want them to appear in the search results on the public site. While creating what I call a 'public scope' is rather straight-forward there is one thing you have to keep in mind to make it work as expected.

How to reset the Windows Live Writer language to English

Via Myo Kyaw Htun.com: after installing the Windows Live Writer for the first time I thought that I missed some options when the interface turned to be in Dutch. While working on a Live Writer plugin, I have stumbled upon an interesting article about the interface language in Windows Live Writer.  Myo Kyaw Htun describes the problem and provides an easy step-by-step solution on how to change the Live Writer interface language to English. Read: How to reset regional language to English in Windows Live Writer.

Imtech Fields Explorer v1.4.1.0 (Inconvenient Site Columns update)

While testing the newest feature of Imtech Fields Explorer - generated Content Types and Site Columns wrapper classes I have discovered that there were some issues while using these classes for referring to Site Columns. To avoid problems while referring to Site Columns from custom code I have decided to use SPField.Id instead of SPField.InternalName. While generating wrapper classes Imtech Fields Explorer v1.4.1.0 will now use the InternalName for the property name and Id for the value: